The C580A wheelset marries the aerodynamics of a deep carbon fibre wheelset with the price of an alloy-carbon mix wheelset and allows you to ride fast and save money for other upgrades.
These wheels are designed to help you to ride fast, especially on flat roads or in time trials and triathlons. For that you’ll need a deep wheel, and Token have opted chose to use a 50 mm deep rim out front and paired with an 80 mm deep rim in the rear. This allows you to keep control on windy days but still have the aerodynamic benefits of deep wheels. For braking performance, Token have chosen to use an alloy braking surface.
The C580A uses Token’s precision-machined hub with Diametric Spoke Pattern to ensure the wheel stays true even when roads get nasty. This means you can use these every day without fear of damaging them. Housed in the hubs are a little secret – ceramic TBT bearings. Why? Because they give you a boost of speed, thanks to their extremely low rolling resistance.
The C580A wheelset is the wheelset you want when you race in triathlons or time trials, whilst their durability allows you to ride them every day.
- Tyre type: Clincher
- Weight: 855 g (f) / 1111 g (r), total: 1966 g
- Rim Diameter: 700c
- Rim Material: Carbon / Alloy
- Rim Width (external): 20 mm (f) / 20 mm(r)
- Rim Height: 50 mm (f) / 80 mm (r)
- Nipples: External
- Cassette Compatibility: Shimano / SRAM 10-11s or Campagnolo 10-11s
- Spokes: 20 (f) and 24 (r)
- Spoke lacing: Radial (f) and Diametric (r)
- Spoke type: Pillar PSR Aero 1432 Straight
- Hub type: Arsenal Bearing count: 2 (f) and 4 (r)
- Bearing type: TBT
- Warranty: 2 years
- What’s included: -Rim tape -Skewers -Extra spokes and nipples -Valve lengtheners (1 x 48 mm, 1 x 72 mm)
Where reviews refer to foods or cosmetic products, results may vary from person to person. Customer reviews are independent and do not represent the views of The Hut Group.