The Clement PDX Tubular is a cutting-edge cyclocross tyre that combines the incredibly popular PDX tread with an innovative tubeless casing to create the ultimate tubular tyre.
Bike Radar tested the PDX and gave it a score of 4 1/2 stars out of a possible 5, saying “The Clement PDX is up there with the best tubular mud tires in terms of performance, plus it’s very durable and ready to mount right out of the box.”
The PDX is named after the epic cyclocross conditions of Portland, Oregon, where frequent rain and a cycling-crazed culture combine to create the muddiest and most extreme of courses. The tread is an all-around performer with a particular love for mud.
The centre knobs are aligned to give you a fast roll on hard pack and pavement, no matter what the weather conditions. Aggressive side knobs offer superior cornering, and the leading edge of the knob gives you extra traction for acceleration.
- Size: 700 x 33mm
- Tread: Aggressive knobs with wide spacing for mud clearing. Centre knobs in a line for fast rolling. Soft rubber compound for extra grip and shock absorption.
- Tubeless: There is no innertube, instead the entire casing is airtight. This creates a very light-weight tyre, but more importantly it is very resistant to punctures. The tyre accepts sealant liquid easily, and typical punctures can be quickly sealed from the inside.
- Durable: The sidewall is much more durable than traditional tubulars, and is coated with rubber to prevent deterioration from water, mud, and dirt. No additional sidewall coating is necessary. The tread is manufactured integral with the tire and can’t peel away or become detached from the casing.
- High-quality: Every tyre is produced in a highly exacting process that creates a very straight tire with no variances in size or alignment.
- Ease of Use: The high-quality manufacturing process results in a tubular tyre that is much easier to install than other brands. The tyre is straight and the base-tape is consistent, providing an easy to glue surface that won’t peel away from the casing or become damaged from normal use.
- Removable Valve Core: Simple unthread the valve core and use a squeeze bottle or syringe to add liquid sealant to the tire to repair most punctures or prevent future punctures.